Do you want to take care of the security of your computer or smartphone and wonder what antivirus in 2019 will best meet this task? Here’s the answer.
Which anti-virus should you choose in 2019? The independent research institute AV-TEST is trying to answer this question. As every year, he distinguished the best antiviruses, in particular those that in his tests over the last twelve months achieved the highest efficiency and at the same time have the right performance.
Every year, cybercriminals become more cunning and more and more clearly show that they are not short of creativity. Therefore, the year 2018 for the developers of antivirus programs was very difficult – providing real-time operation they had to protect against various threats of home, mobile and corporate users.
What anti-virus in 2019 for the home?
In domestic applications, popular anti-virus programs have recently kept quite level. The AV-TEST Institute, however, checked 18 applications on 18 323 030 samples to finally identify 5 programs deserving of recommendation for effectiveness. Separate prizes have also been awarded for performance, i.e. simply low demand for computer resources.
- Bitdefender Internet Security (efficiency, performance)
- Kaspersky Internet Security (efficiency, functionality)
- Symantec Norton Security (efficiency, performance)
- AhnLab V3 Internet Security (performance)
- Avira Antivirus Pro (performance)
- F-Secure Safe (effectiveness)
- Trend Micro Internet Security (effectiveness)
What antivirus to the company?
In the business sector, where care for cybersecurity is even more important than at home, the competition is also very strong – both in terms of efficiency, performance and functionality (although Kaspersky Lab solutions reigned supreme) – but ultimately the experts from AV-TEST managed to distinguish certain anti-virus packages for companies. Here are the ones that best protect computers in enterprises of all sizes:
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud (efficiency, performance)
- Kaspersky Small Office Security (efficiency, functionality)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security (performance, functionality)
- F-Secure PSB Computer Protection (effectiveness)
- Seqrite Endpoint Security (performance)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (effectiveness)
- Trend Micro OfficeScan (performance)
What antivirus for an Android phone?
Smartphones are more and more often used for work or financial transactions, which means that month by month they become more tasty bites for cybercriminals. In 2018, each month AV-TEST systems detected over 250,000 new Android threats. Tests have shown that only one solution allows you to protect yourself well against them.
Symantec Mobile Security
I am William, I live in Roubaix, France, I have two wonderful children and also a beautiful wife whom I love the most in the world. I work in a French company on a daily basis and deals with the administration of computer systems, on my blog you will find entries on various topics but mainly on topics related to mobile technologies, computer systems, news and more.